Online counter

Saturday 22 June 2013

Your ED will more likely to have a higher mortality rate if you don't have this tool....

I'm not really sure that you can come up with something by looking at the title, but if I say a diagnostic tool that is repeatable, no radiation, and operator dependent, you will surely know what kind of tools what I had in mind...Good, man! it's the ultrasound..

I believe ultrasound is not a strange things anymore considering its wide use among doctors, even common people who are not doctors would know about the ultrasound. But, its use in the emergency department (ED) hasn't been widely enforced and I believe every ED doctors will eventually have to be able use it in the future. But, why is that? Ever heard about RUSH and FAST? Well, I'll let the professional do the work to explain it to you guys...

Rapid Ultrasound for Shock and Hypertension (RUSH):


Focussed Assessment Sonography in Trauma (FAST);


No comments:

Post a Comment